Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Addi(e)tion to the family


It all started on Friday. Me, a humble teacher, wanted to go to the local football game. (In hind-sight we should have a picture of the game here) Emily, on the edge of her seat the entire game, started having contractions. (No she didn't deliver at the football game, but its a great idea for a movie) I guess all I wanted to say was that we won the game (which is as rare as snow in Miami)...and that Emily had contractions. The next morning her contractions were "regular" so we dropped Andy off at the neighbors and drove at break-neck speed to the hospital.

They admitted her and she had a baby.
This is the best, most appropriate picture. The nurses wanted me to take pictures of the child in her birthday suit but I refuse to post a picture of a naked baby. Addie (the child aforementioned) was born at 2:20pm Saturday the 17th weighing in at 7lbs and 19 inches. She didn't cry, but just looked around watching everyone poke and prod her. I didn't know that babies don't HAVE to cry when their born. My paradigm has changed. The labor went as well as can be expected. There was no epidural and Emily is very...tough. She doesn't even whine.


Andy came to visit the next day (notice the background change). The picture above is when he first met her. Andy wanted to hold the "baybee". The picture also does well to describe the feeling in the room...it may possibly be the happiest moment in my life.


All happy moments should be followed by some ice cream...


So now Addie is home with us and we'll start watching her grow.


A note about Addie, her full name is Addie Jaynes. No middle name and not short for any other name.


6 comments:

  1. That is so exciting. We are just copying you guys. We have a baby girl due Halloween and I hope that Calvi will love his baby sister like Andy loves his! How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's absolutely beautiful. I love her name. I love that she's in your family. I loved reading about how much you love your family in the words of this post.

    In short, I love you Levi. Congrats to you and Emily and Andy and Addie. Hey. They all end in the y sound That's extra lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops. Forgot to say I love your header picture at the top, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post. We are so excited for you. I read the blog to Ray and then said, "can't you just not wait for our next baby... where Levin will be coming to see the new addition." That picture of Andy and Addie and Emily is so sweet. I love the picture as your header as well. Maybe you could photoshop Andy holding Addie into it.
    So glad for you guys.

    Cali

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good post. I did laugh more than twice, so good job. Addie is SO cute too! And Emily looks great. Good work on your cute kids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go Jaynes Family! Welcome Addie to the spectacular 6 or whatever we are calling the next round. I am afraid the Fab Five will always be the original benson baby boom. :) Anyhow, beautiful family, hope to see you all at Christmas so Addie and Charlie can get acquainted.
    Loves
    PS Emily is officially tougher than I am (no epidural) guess that toughness comes from being number 8 of 11 kids. I didn't have anyone to toughen me up although Josh did his best.

    ReplyDelete