First off, this post is inspired by a need to say a big Thank You! to Grandma Jaynes. We have gotten several fun packages the past few weeks, without her hearing our thanks. So, here it is. (at least for one of the packages)
We told Andy that we can't plant the pumpkin seeds until July. He now asks me every morning if it is July yet. No, Andy; it's still April.
The good news is, you don't need to wait till July to play in the dirt with your new gardening gloves.
And now for some other fun tidbits from our lives.
The weather has been absolutely beautiful lately, and we take full advantage of it. all. day. long. It tuckers us out. This is at dinner one evening. Notice Owen is not present...he was already in bed.
We had the opportunity to watch General Conference. The kids did great. At one point, Andy looked up from playing and said, "He's talking about Thomas S. Monson!" Addie echoed, "Mom, he's talking about Tommy Monson!"
In case you are thinking, "What a good, healthy family, eating carrots for Conference snacks", we were eating and shooting with Cheetos. (Or "Cheetas" in Jaynes language)
Owen is still not walking, but he is getting braver and braver. And quite proud of himself to boot.
We had the opportunity to watch our friends' girls while they went to the temple. They sat up till 10:30 playing trains and dress up.
I walked into the bathroom to find this.
...
| (wish I had a witty comment here, but you are stuck with Emily as a narrator, so you're on your own) |
My (Emily) mom tells me about when I was young, I would sit by the stove (because that's the light that was left on) late into the night reading. They (my parents) would wake up to find me sleeping on the kitchen floor with a pile of books around me.
Addie stays up every night reading and singing to her babies. She usually falls asleep on her floor or the couch. Last night, she tucked her baby in, and then tucked herself into bed.
I don't remember why we took this, but Hi!
Owen has acquired another skill: Say "arms up!" and...
he'll do just that.
Fun post. Thanks for the update. I vote you plant the pumpkins anyway, then in July replant. What do you suppose the fascination with books is when you can't read them? Imagination? Must be. Sweet, sweet kids.
ReplyDeleteHere are my thoughts as I read: I love how long your hair is getting! General Conference at your house looks fun! I love the picture of Addie sleeping at the table. Owen is SO big! The yield sign is super funny, but I couldn't think of anything witty to say about it either.
ReplyDelete