
This is our soon to be driveway. You see, we're building a house... it all started with an idea and has lead to a some-what reality. We're also fortunate enough to know someone who knows HOW to build a house. The tricky part was fitting it into an affordable plan but once that was setteled; the work commenced.
The foundation was a learning curve for me. (I have poured foundations before) They actually dig a trench and just pour in the cement for a footer. No forms, no mess, just a hole in the dirt. Then they build the foundation walls with cinder blocks. 
Andy is just enjoying the ride. These pictures are actually 3 weeks old. They're currently working on the porch, sheet rocking, and the siding. Yeah, there fast. More updates will surely follow.
Wahoo! It looks like fun! I am excited to see more.
ReplyDeleteWhat? ARe you serious? This is so very exciting! Can't wait to watch it grow.
ReplyDeletewow. that is really cool emily! congrats. that is super exciting. :)
ReplyDeleteWell, this is down-right exciting. I can't wait to see more pictures. Belize is in Central America... by Guatemala and Honduras. I think this means that we should start getting a weekly blog with pictures of the house and pictures of Andy... I couldn't believe how big he was in that last picture.
ReplyDeleteHope you guys had a great Thanksgiving.
Love, Cali
Andy gets cake AND a new house?????
ReplyDeleteThe placement in the trees looks beautiful.
So I'm wondering why is it we in the west build forms and stuff for footings. What's the science behind this? And more importantly....what color schemes are picked out for the inside?? Can't wait to see it.
ReplyDeleteSounds like this is going way fast! I am so excited for you guys. The area looks beautiful. I agree with the other person who said more pictures of Andy please!
ReplyDelete