Sunday, August 5, 2012

Apple Sauce

My family has a funny memory that I vaguely remember and it might even be in one of my Mom's books. It goes like this:

On Mother's Day one year long ago, my Dad thought it would be sweet if he had each one of the kids (5 of us) tell us one thing we loved about our mother. I don't remember any of my sibling's responses but my response was, "I don't love Mom, I love Apple Sauce!"

I was 6 or 7 at the time, and I do love my mom, but I also love apple sauce. There was a lot of truth to that statement! I have since learned from my Father's mistake. (and suppressed my love of apple sauce) I will not ask my son to compare his love for his Mom against his love for apple sauce.




 I don't think she would win. We love apple sauce!

In other happenings, we've found a way to entertain both kids with the same hose:
Mom gave Addie a hair cut:

 And we FINALLY finished the sidewalk and mulched the front of the house:
(You probably noticed the lack of plants...we work on a budget)

7 comments:

  1. Those pictures of Andy:
    1) look just like Levi
    2) are adorable

    I love when you guys write. Just thought you should know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love applesauce more than EMILY!!
    Love, Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love applesauce way more than EMILY & JESSICA!! :)

    -Shane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its 9:01 am and we are already looking on your blog...bored!!!
    Love Katelyn and Shane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found your blog, it's official, I'm stalking you!!!
    SUPER cute kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. EMILY!!! So Katelyn and I discussed this issue and we agree that this is totally unacceptable!!! You have not updated your blog since August 5th. That was 18 days ago. Just because Katelyn and I aren't there anymore does not mean that you can slack off!! Haha!!!

    Hope all is going well :) I miss all of you guys at MRCC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely love Emily more than applesauce. And your house looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete