My Aunt always tells a story of when we were driving in Montana and I (Levi) hit an owl. She thought my reaction, or lack thereof, was the punch line to the story. Well, yesterday, I added to the list of exotic birds I've hit. One of North America's largest, unappreciated scavenger (the Bald Eagle being appreciated) was enjoying his/her Saturday afternoon snack when along came a 90's ford with a driver who shows no mercy to animals on the road, barreling down on him/her pushing a safe and respectable 45 miles per hour. To make a short story shorter, the bird flew, the car hit, the rest is history. We have a mark on the windshield to prove it. Emily, being the wise protective mother, ducked and missed impact; while I was fascinated and wondered where the bird landed. (For a moment I did think it may have landed in the truck bed)

Driving away, however, we did see (hopefully) the same bird flying back to his snack. I like to think he is now a little wiser. For more information on Turkey Vultures please visit this Link.
The side of Levi I never knew.
ReplyDeleteThe side of Levi I miss...
ReplyDeleteI might have to report you to PETA! Love the story. Our neighbors cat got hit by a school bus right in front of the bus stop while the kids were waiting for a bus. Traumatizing for them I am sure. Morning adventure for the rest of us. That is my best roadkill story.
ReplyDeleteNow there's a list! The list of exotic birds you've hit. I never would have come up with that one. Those turkey vultures are truly fascinating. Go for a double and send me a feather.
ReplyDelete