Here's my recipe: pour a little juice (I use apple) into a blender with some frozen peaches, and some orange juice concentrate, and some sliced up mango, and a couple handfuls of fresh spinach, oh yeah and some banana and blend them up. But any of these ingredients can be omitted or substituted. I've done it with grape juice concentrate (that makes a dark brown smoothie), and strawberries (frozen or fresh). You can add ice if it's too runny as well. Try it. Lynn, now I WILL make it when you visit us. Just be prepared. :)
If you and Andy approve, I need to try this. Do you think there is a good substitute for the banana? I'm allergic, you know.
ReplyDeleteYou had me going, until I saw the spinach. But I'll try one if you fix one for me.....
ReplyDeleteI went on a smoothies kick but couldn't find a good green one. You will have to give me your recipe.
ReplyDeleteHere's my recipe: pour a little juice (I use apple) into a blender with some frozen peaches, and some orange juice concentrate, and some sliced up mango, and a couple handfuls of fresh spinach, oh yeah and some banana and blend them up. But any of these ingredients can be omitted or substituted. I've done it with grape juice concentrate (that makes a dark brown smoothie), and strawberries (frozen or fresh). You can add ice if it's too runny as well.
ReplyDeleteTry it. Lynn, now I WILL make it when you visit us. Just be prepared. :)