Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Family visit...it's about time.

Levi's cousins, Jesse and Calder Ellsworth, and sister Rachel came to visit us for a few days.
Here is Andy's reaction to the news:
Yeah, we were pretty excited.
So we all piled into good ol' Luella (the truck) and headed off to Richmond, Jamestown and Williamsburg.
Back row: Calder is on the very left with Jesse next to him, and Andy next to her. Front row: Rachel dominates the left side of the picture with Emily, then Levi taking up the right.


Our first stop was the Confederate White House in Richmond, home of the Confederate's one and only president: Jefferson Davis. Calder, Jesse, Rachel and Levi are on the back porch.

...while Andy was exploring the garden behind the house.

Then we were off to Jamestown. We took a little detour and rode this ferry across the James River for some lunch.

Back at Jamestown fort, Rachel and Jesse jumped into an old well. (which actually turned out to be a foxhole sort of thing used in the Civil War [I can't remember the word for it...help, anyone?]).

Then Andy jumped in just to prove that Rachel and Jesse really weren't in perilous danger of falling down a deep "well". Thanks, Andy.

After some bark/rock battles across the fort walls between Rachel and Levi (Andy had to break that one up, too), we headed off for one last stop at Williamsburg. This is the back of the Governor's Palace. There are gardens that go on and on back there.


It was really fun to have the Ellsworths with us (and Rachel, too). You can see how cool it could be to come visit us, so come visit!!

5 comments:

  1. I love Andy's expression in our car picture. Too funny. I agree, it was fun to have Jesse and Calder visit, and I think more visitors should come! SOON!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're very excited about visiting soon. This looks like a really fun trip with cousins. GO COUSINS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard nothing but 'HOW FUN' their cousins are. What a great time for them. I'm so glad they got to know everybody a little better. I asked, "Was it ever awkward?" They said, "Nope. They were definitely family." And the places they went, and the sights they saw! Better than Dr. Seuss' imagination! Oh and Andrew. Andrew was definitely a hit.
    Thanks again, next time your turn to come see us, and we'll take you to see.... um.... Ok, talked me into it- we'll come to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Convincing! I am planning my Virginia trip already!

    ReplyDelete